My name is Emma and I am a Recovery Catalyst who has been in recovery from addiction for many years. I have lived through trauma, homelessness, and domestic abuse. I am a child of an addict and had many attempts at recovery until I found out who the real ‘Emma’ was and how to look after her.
I come from a positive psychology perspective, using NLP and Hypnotherapy, amongst other techniques to discover the ‘true you’ and ignite something that creates that Eureka moment.
I am a trained Coach, NLP Master Practitioner along with qualifications in Stress Management, Aromatherapy, Mental Health Awareness, Emotional Intelligence, and the Inner Child.
The people I work with are close friends and family members who have been affected by addiction and want to find their purpose and direction. My role is to allow individuals to find their authentic selves, in order for them to ‘Get Real’ and find out who they really are after addiction has had a devastating effect on their life and their identity.
The people I work with may or may not understand that:
· I do not know who I am anymore!
· ‘I am alone and I have to look after myself’
· ‘It’s not enough, I’m not enough’
· People use addiction as a partner, as a connective force, and an identity
· Close relationships with people in addiction can lead to codependency
· There is a lot of misplaced guilt, shame, misunderstanding, and poor communication for all parties linked with addiction
· ‘Where is my life heading?’”